To become a wish granter, you must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years old
- Complete the new volunteer on-boarding process that includes:
- Online Make-A-Wish Volunteer Orientation training
- Application forms
- Criminal background check
- In-depth wish granter training.
Read full wish granter job description
Wish granter training sessions have been scheduled for April:
- Rapid City: Thursday, April 19, 5:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m. MST (in-person).
- Online: Tuesday, April 24, 5:30-8:30 p.m. CST (virtual instructor-led).
- Sioux Falls: Saturday, April 28, 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. CST (in-person).
For more information about becoming a wish granter and training, please contact:
Volunteer & Outreach Director